A dental filling in Baner is one of the most effective but temporary ways to deal with a decay in the tooth. The process is an easy and pain-free one, wherein the dental expert will extract and eliminate the decayed and infected part of the tooth, thoroughly and vigorously clean the infected area, after which the filling is then placed to fill the hollow gaps and to prevent further infection from spreading. This will stop the further spread of bacteria and decomposing of the tooth because of the bacteria.
When would you need a dental Filling?
Our dentist at SmileTogether Dental clinic in Baner can guide and walk you through the process of dental filling in Baner. This also involves us telling the patients as and when it is necessary for a patient to opt for a dental filling :
- Observation: Discoloration on the teeth can sometimes be a sign of severe decay of the tooth. However to reconfirm it, what the dentists do is, use professional equipment. An instrument called the Explorer is used, which is metal in nature, to search for any cavities or any other decay that may cause harm to the tooth. A certain level of pressure is applied to the tooth, the tooth will be able to withstand or resist if there are no cavities or decay present. However if it does succumb to the pressure of the Explorer, this will be a direct indication of the presence of cavities and hence, the dentist will then recommend a dental filling treatment to the concerned patient.
- Cavity detecting dye :When poured, this cavity detecting dye will highlight all the cavity filled or decayed areas and indicate the spoilage of a tooth or teeth.
- X-rays :An x-ray will be the most basic and easiest way to detect and confirm the presence of a cavity or decaying material, along with which the dental expert also gives his own inputs, that is, consultation, free of cost, at SmileTogether Dental Clinic in Pune.
- Laser Fluorescence Devices :This device has a different method of displaying cavities or decay material. Cavity filled areas are highlighted with a bright red and yellow color, while a healthy tooth is indicated by green color.
What are other reasons to get a Dental Filling?
- Cracked or chipped or fractured teeth
- Misuse of teeth while opening things with your teeth
- Misuse of teeth while biting your nails.
What are the steps involved in a dental filling?
- On visiting the dental clinic, the dentist will first try to see any signs of decay either by observing, or by using cavity detecting dye, or processing an x-ray or using laser fluorescence devices, that will precisely show him the presence of a cavity or decaying material.
- To avoid any level of pain, local anesthesia is then administered into the cavity filled area.
- Removing the decay material or cavity precisely, requires the use of professional instruments or drills. The speed is changed from high to low, to extract the decaying material and weak enamel till it reaches the second layer of the tooth, respectively. Higher speed cannot work since the deltin, or second layer of the tooth is much more sensitive as compared to the first layer of the tooth.
- The impression of the filling is then taken by the dentist, after the cleaning process is over.
- A layer of liner or base is applied so as to protect the pulp of the tooth.
- In the case where a bonded filling is used, acid gel is applied on the tooth to prepare it further. It reduces the risk of any further decomposition of the area below the filling.
- To make the filling strong and resilient, a special light is shone on it.
- The tooth is then polished using an equipment called Bur, by the dentist.
What care should be taken after getting a dental filling?
It is natural to feel a bit of discomfort post a dental filling procedure in Baner. However, this discomfort should not be prolonged to weeks, and if it does, you have to schedule a visit to your dentist. This discomfort is usually the sensitivity that our teeth feels while eating sweets or chewing on hard food. If the discomfort lasts for longer than two weeks, you have to elaborate and explain this to your dentist, who will, accordingly, suit and reshape the filling to your needs and requirements. The sensitivity is not the only brought up issue. There is a sharp shock that is felt in the area of the filling called a galvanic shock. A galvanic shock, is usually caused by the clinking of two metals to each other. For instance, the gold crown starts clinking to the amalgam filling below it, will result in shooting pains in that area. Post a dental filling treatment tooth is polished well, but sometimes there are chances of the pointed and sharp edges still being prominent. If you find these, contact your dentist immediately and get them buffed and polished as soon as possible.
Temporary fillings perform the same function of a permanent filling, that is, protecting and preventing further decomposition of the tooth. To make the toothache go and disappear, an ingredient called Eugenol, containing clove oil is used to soothe the painful decaying area and relieve the tooth. However, as its name suggests, a temporary filling stays only for a while, which is why it is highly recommended for you to get a permanent filling. A temporary filling is only recommended when :
- Your treatment needs one more visit
- The tooth needs its own time to heal
- When a cavity penetrates so deep, that it infects the pulp of your tooth
- An emergency dental treatment is required